Advantages of Membership
Giving a Competitive Edge
- Better Terms – through our group buying power and streamlined central payments process (CENPAC) we are able to negotiate better trading and settlement terms to benefit members
- Major Brands – we are able to attract major suppliers to deal with us because of the scale of our membership and the payments solidity that we provide
- Multi £m Buying Power – through our buying power we are able to negotiate retrospective rebate deals with major suppliers and exclusive products and offers throughout the year across all of our trading areas
Differentiating your business
- Exclusive Own Brand ranges – we have developed exclusive ranges such as James Aubrey menswear, Dreamworld beds, First Avenue ladieswear and many others in housewares and linens. These offer higher margins and are only available to independent AIS members and give your customers a reason to come back to you
- Specialist Trading Divisions – plaY-room for toys, Flooring One for carpets and floor-coverings and INTERSPORT for sports goods offer their own membership and the opportunity to bring expertise in these areas into your business
Providing Business Support
- Trade shows – we run buying trade shows periodically throughout the year for all our merchandise categories giving you a focal point to make your buying and ranging decisions easier
- Marketing Support – we centrally produce various pieces of marketing material for members such as POS themes and product leaflets and we also have a Member Marketing Division (MMD) able to work independently on members’ own marketing activity
- Mystery shopping - we have a centrally arranged mystery shopping survey programme which gives members access to specialist providers of video or standard report type visits and we produce league tables so that members can compare their scores against others in their sector
- Personnel & Training – this AIS department offers advice and support in all areas of people management. Cost effective training courses are also arranged to meet your needs in both product and service areas.
- Buying Services – for members without specific in house buying expertise we offer a full retail division service in several product areas such as housewares, linens, flooring and fashions. This includes space planning, ranging, merchandising and buying.
- Procurement – we can save money for members on many business costs such as insurance, lighting, utility and energy contracts
- Statistics – one of the advantages of being part of a group is the opportunity to compare your performance against others in your sector and we regularly produce a wide range of reports