AIS have an Executive Board responsible for running the business on a day to day basis and providing strategic direction. That Executive is currently supported by other Directors who are drawn from a cross section of our membership representative of our trading sectors and geographic spread. Those non-executive Directors rotate on a 3 year basis, elected each year at our Spring AGM, and the Chairman is normally appointed from that group and may serve for a longer period.
Currently the Board comprises the following individuals.
- Sheila Cooper – Managing Director
- Peter Mallinson – Merchandise Director Home
- Susan Potter-Price – Finance Director
- David Standing – Commercial Director
Combined they have extensive AIS experience and a background of senior roles within retail or customer facing service companies including Multiyork, Selfridges, KPMG, HMV Media Group, Homebase and B&Q.
Non-executive Member Directors:
- Peter Creasey (Creasey’s) – Chairman
- Ian Barker (Barkers)
- Greg Davies (Smith Bradbeer)
- Jane Gurney-Read (Bakers & Larners)
- Adam Hopewell (Hopewells)
- Stephen McCammon (Menarys)
- Graham Schofield (Stokers)
- Annette Thomas (Julian Foye)