To start late March 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Marketing Department for a Creative Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Creative Marketing Manager is responsible for the departments’ creative output in support of all AIS marketing activity internally and externally and on behalf of some of our retail members in respect of their customer marketing. For the duration of the contract this role will contribute to campaign strategy and planning and manage the delivery of all output across print and digital media.
Suitable candidates are likely to have extensive experience in a marketing management role preferably within a retail business. We are looking for a creative individual who has a natural design flair coupled with an eye for detail. They must be able to operate at a strategic level and in conjunction with various colleague and member stakeholders.
Working alongside the Marketing Office Manager, this role has three direct reports in the graphic design team and is central to sustaining strong relationships with departments across the business.
Key aspects of the role:
- Act as a brand guardian for all creative output, including AIS show brands, own brand ranges, Cranmore Park and corporate AIS.
- Compile creative briefs and oversee the creation and production of all collateral in support of the above.
- Where applicable, develop and manage all marketing plans and advertising campaigns for the above ensuring all assets are considered, on brand and meet the requirements of the brief.
- Create effective marketing concepts and solutions for use by the independent retailer members of AIS including its specialist divisions (Flooring One and PlaY-room) in whatever appropriate media channel, including POS and leaflets – balancing commercial targets and objectives with design and creative integrity.
- Lead the direction and briefing for all AIS own brand photography shoots.
- Lead creative brainstorms with the Marketing team.
- Sustain strong relationships with colleagues, members and third parties.
- Manage, inspire and develop the graphic design team to continuously deliver high quality work and develop new creative solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work positively with people across the business (to understand, translate and deliver briefs to deadline).
- Demonstrable evidence of having been responsible for good and effective marketing output.
- An eye for detail as well as a creative and strategic ability.
- Extensive experience in a marketing management role with responsibility for creative output, preferably within a retail business. .
- An inspirational leader skilled in coaching and leading a small team with an ability to get the best creatively out of others.
- Able to balance creativity and design integrity, while adhering to brand guidelines, with commercial necessities.
- Experienced with digital design with ability to bring brands to life across multiple channels.
- Experience in managing photo shoots would be advantageous including model casting and a mix of studio room set, still life and fashion.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Adaptable, with a positive can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required.
- Able to present ideas with confidence and conviction.
For more information or the apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org