We have an exciting new opportunity for a self-motivated and commercially astute Director of IT, Systems and Business Information to join our offices in Solihull, West Midlands. Overseeing the IT infrastructure and operations, business and retail systems, this position will develop and drive the IT strategies, whilst delivering business continuity.
A key requirement will be reviewing and improving our sources and use of business intelligence to strengthen our internal commercial processes and, by extension, add value to our members through the provision of relevant information to them.
The successful candidate will be experienced in operating at a strategic and analytical level and possess ideally gained with strong leadership and project management skills combined with a creative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
This role requires wide ranging technical ability including cloud, virtualisation, automation, systems design, agile and micro services. Experience in managing IT and systems led departments is essential, ideally gained within a head office retail environment or a relevant retail sector service provider.
Key responsibilities of our Director of IT, Systems and Business Information:
- Direct, manage and develop direct reports and teams.
- Operating with a strategic mind-set, review the Company’s overall IT and systems needs in relation to data, business information and infrastructure to support the overall business objectives.
- Lead on any IT, systems and business information projects running in conjunction, ensuring they are all considered in an overall business context in order to find efficiencies between them.
- Identify ways of exploiting existing systems technology for the provision of business data collection, analysis and reporting and making recommendations for improvements to better meet current or new future business improvement objectives.
- Propose and manage budgets across all ongoing areas of responsibility and projects whilst working closely with managers of these areas to define and understand expenditure.
- Broad experience of undertaking cradle to grave system reviews resulting in improvement and/or new system or process implementation.
- Experience of working within a retail environment would be ideal, including responsibility for overall IT Infrastructure, retail systems (e.g. EPOS, business systems and business information) at a functional and strategic level or, at least, with experience in a closely linked retail sector service provider responsible for delivering the above.
- Experience of working with hosting partners as might be relevant to this role.
- Proven experience in data management and analysis (tools, practices and strategy) as the platform for business information.
For more information or the apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org