The Fashion Department of AIS are looking for a credible, passionate and commercially astute Menswear Product Developer with an exceptional eye for product. The role would suit an experienced product developer with previous Menswear experience and an ability to develop own label product ranges for exclusive sale to AIS Members.
This role requires a commercial and creative individual with an exceptional eye for product who has shown that they understand the fashion retail market and the target customer. Applicants need to be confident, creative and self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and a desire to work within the Independent retail sector.
There will be some UK travel involving store visits with overnight stays required along with trade shows and occasional overseas travel to attend key events.
Key aspects of the role:
- Complete accountability for sourcing, developing and negotiating the Haworth own buy range in line with the critical path requirements.
- Working together with the Freelance Designer to interpret trends into a commercial range for the Haworth customer.
- Responsibility for the range build and content of the Haworth range ensuring a balance of core lines and coordinated updated pieces.
- Ability to respond with appropriate and effective actions to member’s feedback.
- Identify new product and market opportunities appropriate to the range and customer to keep Haworth relevant to the members.
- Develop extensive knowledge of the Menswear market and of key competitors to the Haworth range.
- Develop and strengthen commercial market knowledge by regular comparative shopping and provide reports.
- Develop excellent working relationships with the member store Principals, Buyers, Managers and Store Staff.
Skills and Experience:
- An experienced Product Developer with the ability to identify and develop key trends each season
- Exceptional customer and commercial awareness of the fashion retail market
- Strong sourcing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels internally and externally
- Creative with an exceptional eye for product – demonstrates the ability to translate trends into focused ranges for the target customer
- A strong team player with the ability to work across teams and harness knowledge and experience of others to benefit ranges
- Computer literacy including the ability to use certain design packages to create design/trend boards for each season, confident in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org