The Fashion Department of AIS are looking for a credible, passionate and commercially astute Womenswear Buyer with an exceptional eye for product. They must be able to demonstrate extensive Womenswear branded buying experience. Together with a broad knowledge of the Independent retail sector and the target customers.
Working in this varied role where no two days are the same, you will be responsible for selecting and buying seasonal and core products from a wide selection of brands. Some of which include Barbour, Joules, Seasalt etc for the Retail Division Member stores. Working closely with the Womenswear Controller and Senior Womenswear Buyer (the reporting line for this role) to set budgets and build and maintain excellent relationships with both members and suppliers.
Working closely with members to understand their individual and collective requirements is essential to develop product selection and buying strategies. Therefore excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach are a pre-requisite of this role, as is the ability to influence and negotiate.
Applicants need to be confident, creative and self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and a desire to work within the Independent retail sector.
A full induction into the buying group module will be provided, including time shadowing the Senior Womenswear Buyer to ensure a thorough understanding of the members and their requirements.
There will be extensive UK travel involving store visits and buying appointments with overnight stays required along with trade shows and occasional overseas travel to attend key events.
Key aspects of the role:
- In line with Retail Division strategy developed by the Womenswear Controller, select and buy seasonal and core Womenswear ranges for Retail Division stores from relevant brands.
- Negotiate best possible prices for members in order to increase their profitability. Including promotional merchandise. Maintaining good relationships with suppliers to ensure support and co-operation.
- Discuss proposed Retail Division budgets with the Womenswear Controller together with end of season analysis from product reviews, brand analysis and end of season mark down to ensure a clear buying strategy for each member store is agreed.
- Liaise with the Retail Division Merchandiser to ensure all processes are maintained and improved where possible.
- Undertake regular member store visits to understand their requirements and the customer and build a strong relationship with both Principals and Womenswear Managers in the store.
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced Womenswear Buyer of brands, with an exceptional commercial eye for product.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of Womenswear product, the market in particular the independent sector and an ability to demonstrate with a thorough understanding of the target customers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing internally and externally.
- Collaborative in approach with honed skills in building relationships.
- Creative with the ability to think outside the box – excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Exceptional negotiation, presentation and influencing skills
- A positive, supportive and flexible team player
- Computer literacy including competence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com