An opportunity has arisen within the Intersport division for a full time Category Assistant to join the Intersport division on a temporary basis, providing product, administrative and customer service support to the department.
Similar to a buying administration assistant role, this would be an ideal opportunity for someone with previous retail experience and a desire to develop within buying. An interest with sports/sports brands would be advantageous.
Exceptional communication and customer service skills are a pre-requisite of this role, combined with strong excel skills and an ability to quickly learn and use new systems. Diligence and accuracy are also essential as the role involves a lot of data analysis and spreadsheet work. A flexible team player with a ‘can do approach’ is required in this fast paced, evolving environment.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Support the Category Manager in the selection of all own-brand products by proactively using the details & data based on previous seasons and current trends.
- Provide the Category Managers with the necessary reports and analysis to assist with their analysis of data and measuring of category performance.
- Communicate all retail developments and timeframes to suppliers and members
- Be responsible for sample management on all strategic brands (SBs) and exclusive brands (EBs). This will include keeping an accurate log of on-site samples plus supporting the data and operations team with necessary paperwork.
- Assist the Category Manager with monitoring brand order books, checking product availability levels and ensuring any purchase orders (POs) are updated on the system and delivered into stores according to agreed timescales.
- Support with quarterly show bulletins by preparing relevant category information and ensuring relevant supplier pages are approved and uploaded to the Sportal.
- Play a key role in the set -up and implementation of quarterly shows. This includes aiding the Data Assistant in adding refined assortments on to the relevant systems.
- Keep relevant retail systems up to date, removing old purchase orders (POs) and sales orders (SO), ensuring all codes and prices are accurate on an ongoing basis.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience and understanding of product and the buying process would be advantageous
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills, ideally gained within a retail / merchandise environment.
- High standards of both verbal and written communication skills
- A positive and flexible team player
- Solution driven with a creative approach to problem solving
- Effective time management with an ability to meet deadlines
- Organised and methodical in managing a number of tasks at one time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Power Point and intermediate Excel
- Diligent with a high degree of accuracy
- A genuine interest in sports/ sports brands would be beneficial
- Demonstrate a calm approach and ‘can do’ attitude particularly during busy periods.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com