We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and driven Head of Events to join AIS and strategically lead the newly formed events department. The role will initially report into the Director of Marketing & Events, with the aim of the successful individual moving into the Director position in approximately 9 months; therefore, relevant experience and expertise in in marketing, social media and digital is also essential. Initially reporting to the Director of Marketing & Events, the two roles will work closely to create and deliver the event strategy, budget and yield management and operational plans to ensure the commercial success of the events portfolio.
The Head of Events will work collaboratively with key areas of the business to drive new and creative ideas and business leads, generating increased revenue from conferences, shows and events held at their purpose built venue at Cranmore Park in Solihull and also work on a more digitally focused direction in collaboration with the wider Marketing and Operations teams. This role will provide inspirational leadership, expertise and direction to the Events Sales & Business Development Managers, shaping and developing a dynamic team who can deliver first-class sales and customer service.
AIS managed events:
This role will be pivotal for providing a suite of high quality, innovative and topical live and digital events, which provide up to the minute relevant professional, technical, business and product content. Whilst a membership organisation, these events are run on a commercial basis with quality of content and delivery paramount.
Leading the development of Cranmore Park event spaces to become a premium ‘Venue of Choice’ in the MICE market, amplify the current profile and elevate it to the next level.
Company and Department Overview:
AIS is the largest non–food buying group of its kind in the UK, with a membership of 330 independent department stores and specialist retailers. The business is now entering an exciting time of change, with a new Managing Director at the helm and a transformational agenda to bring a more commercial and customer focused approach to this well-established and successful membership organisation.
- Extensive experience of delivering large scale, events and exhibitions.
- Strategic vision with evidence of developing and delivering events, marketing and branding strategies.
- Experience of creating and implementing marketing comms and sales plans.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the confidence and proven ability to manage and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders, senior level partners, customers and supplier relationships
- Experience of developing a culture of collaboration and teamwork and delivering excellent customer service
- Strong and developed entrepreneurial and commercial aptitude, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to identify, develop and roll out financially successful events from concept to completion, with a clear understanding of, and sharp focus on, the core drivers of event profitability.
- Significant knowledge and experience of sales, marketing, PR, social media and communications.
- Strong experience of supporting and working alongside sponsorship, sales and marketing, operations and facilities teams.
- Expertise in developing good business research and trend analysis.
- Sound knowledge of event-related quality management and compliance.
- IT literate - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Internet and Social Media, CRM and event management system.
- Driving licence and own car is essential as regular travel within the UK will be required.
Closing date for Applications: Friday 25 September 2020
For more information or to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org